Whatever your reason is for not drinking on a special occasion, here are some delectable non-alcoholic New Year’s Eve drinks for the whole family.
Mocktails and effervescent water-based cocktails are a delightful complement to any celebration, whether you’re seeking to kick off Dry January a little early or want to serve a signature drink at your New Year’s Eve party that even the youngest attendees can enjoy. They’re the ideal way to toast and ring in the New Year guilt-free because they’re vibrant and fun.
There are some non-alcoholic beverages that can make you feel like you belong at the kiddie table, but these fabulous mocktails are anything but. Since none of these contain alcohol, anyone, regardless of age, can enjoy them. Choose your favorite, get your ingredients, and get ready to party!
Chocolate Martini Mocktail
Consider Bobby Flay’s luscious chocolate syrup-based mocktail as an elegant upgrade to chocolate milk. It truly is dessert in a glass with its chocolate-sprinkle-covered rim and ultra-smooth smoothness.
- 1 cup cold milk
- ¼ cup best quality chocolate syrup, plus more for dipping rims
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 martini glasses
- Crushed ice, as needed
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Optional: Lyre’s Coffee Royale Non-Alcoholic Set
- Blend the milk, 1/4 cup chocolate syrup, corn syrup, and broken ice in a blender until smooth.
- Place a portion of the chocolate syrup on one tiny plate, and a portion of the chocolate sprinkles on another.
- Each glass’ rim should first be coated with chocolate syrup, followed by a coating of chocolate sprinkles. Pour the chocolate milk combination into the brim of each glass.
Golden Wedding Punch
This is a delightful, refreshing beverage that can be served at wedding receptions, parties, or even get-togethers during the holidays. This drink is definitely not your typical punch. It can be kept in the refrigerator for a number of days in covered jars.
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can sweetened pineapple juice
- 1 ¾ cups lemon juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 gallon of water
- Make it sparkling with non-alcoholic Thomson & Scott’s Noughty Sparkling Chardonnay.
- Combine orange juice concentrate, lemon juice, pineapple juice, and sugar in a 2-gallon punch bowl.
- Add water while stirring.
Sparkling Cranberry Kombucha Mocktail
First off, “mocktail” is an attractive term for non-drinkers. Second, how can you resist when it has both kombucha and cranberry juice? This combination is like rejuvenation in a cup.
- 1 inch slice of fresh ginger, thinly sliced, plus more for garnish
- 1 large sprig of fresh rosemary
- ½ cup 100% cranberry juice
- 2 12 oz bottles of LIVE Kombucha (Original or Ginger)
- Fresh cranberries for garnish
- Ice should be poured into and placed in 4 double old-fashioned glasses.
- Use the end of a wooden spoon or a muddler, if you have one, to muddle rosemary and ginger slices together in a pitcher or quart-sized mason jar.
- Cranberry juice and kombucha should be added; gently whisk to blend.
- Pour into glasses with ice (using a strainer, if possible) and top with cranberries, rosemary sprigs, and slices of fresh ginger before serving.
Hot Cranberry Citrus Punch
A cold winter night is made bearable by this tangy punch. It’s best to be served on holidays, like Christmas and New Year’s. It tastes better the longer it cooks!
- 2 quarts cranberry juice cocktail
- 3 cups orange juice
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- Combine the cranberry juice, orange juice, lemon juice, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon sticks in a 4 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Stir properly to dissolve the sugar. Cook for 4 to 6 hours on high heat, then turn to low to keep it warm until ready to serve.
Pineapple Mint Mojito Mocktail
Make a pitcher of this sweet, minty, and tropical concoction and indulge in some of your favorite Hawaiian daydreams. What can go wrong with pineapple, right? Add your favorite Rum Alternative. Ours is CleanCo’s Clean R.
- 1 oz CleanCo’s Clean R-Rum Alternative
- 10 fresh mint leaves, add more for garnish
- 2 packets of your choice of no-calorie sweetener
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ club soda
- Combine mint leaves and a calorie-free sweetener in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 15 seconds while adding the ice, lime juice, and pineapple juice.
- Pour the strained mixture into a large glass over ice and top with club soda.
- Add a mint sprig as a garnish.
This slushy fruit punch can be served at birthday celebrations, summer get-togethers, and breakfasts. It might be your family’s favorite fruit punch! You can prepare it in an empty milk jug.
- 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 liters lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
- Pour orange juice concentrate and pineapple juice into an empty gallon milk jug or pitcher. Pour the lemon-lime soda in after shaking to combine. You might need to stop pouring and wait for the fizz to settle. Freeze overnight.
- Two hours before serving, allow the punch to begin to thaw. Serve slushy.
Classic Bloody Mary Mocktail
A mock bloody mary? You certainly read that correctly. If you enjoy savory and spicy drinks, you can combine these ingredients to make a beverage that will be a hit for N/A drinkers. This is a fantastic option for brunch on New Year’s Day as well.
- Bloody Mary mix
- Fresh rosemary
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Worcestershire sauce
- Blue cheese olives
- Optional: Ritual’s Zero Proof Tequila for a Bloody Maria
- Put salt on the rim of your glass as you prepare it.
- Fill your glass 3/4 full of Bloody Mary mix, add a splash of Tabasco, some Worcestershire sauce, a pinch of garlic powder, and a dash of black pepper to a shaker.
- Pour it over ice after shaking.
- Add a celery stem, some rosemary, and some blue cheese olives as garnish. Enjoy!
Spiced Percolator Punch
This drink goes by many names, and there are similar recipes on different sites, but it differs because it excludes apple juice or cider.
- 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 ½ cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 4 (4-inch) cinnamon sticks, broken
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pour the water, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice into a coffee percolator that has been thoroughly cleaned.
- Assemble the coffee percolator and add the salt, brown sugar, cloves, and cinnamon sticks to the basket.
- Cover, connect the cord, and strain. Serve warm.
Lemon Lavender Mocktini
Who knew lemon and lavender could go so well together? Without a drop of alcohol, the flowery and tangy flavor combination will make your taste buds sing. Check out this recipe to learn how to prepare it.
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp lavender simple syrup
- ¼ tsp Grenadine
- 3 dashes bitters
For lavender simple syrup
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp dried lavender, 1/2 cup water, and 1/2 cup sugar.
- Turn off the heat after bringing it to a boil.
- After letting the liquid cool in the pan, sift the lavender out.
For the mocktail
- Combine the lavender simple syrup in a shaker with ice and mix until chilled.
- Add club soda to the glass after straining the mixture.
- Apply fresh lavender as a garnish. Adding a tiny dab of food coloring with the tip of a toothpick is optional to achieve the purple tint.
Moscow Mule Mocktail
Making a Moscow Mule without alcohol is entirely doable with the help of this recipe. Additionally, you’ll feel like you’re sipping the real deal if you serve it in a copper mug.
- ½ cup ginger beer (non-alcoholic)
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp club soda
- Fill a copper mug with crushed ice to the top and stir in the ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add a lime wedge for garnish.
Grapefruit Honey Spritzer
Honey is a fantastic natural sweetener, especially when used in delectable beverages. It certainly outperforms using spoonfuls of refined white sugar, to be honest. Check out this recipe for a tart and refreshing grapefruit mocktail to give it a try.
- 3 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 oz honey simple syrup
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- Club soda
For the honey simple syrup
- Over medium heat, combine water and honey in a small saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil until the honey has dissolved entirely in the water. Remove from heat and allow to cool fully.
- The syrup should be kept in the refrigerator in a container with a lid.
For the spritzer
- Use a grapefruit slice or honey simple syrup to rub the glass rim.
- Dip the glass rim in grapefruit-infused sugar.
- Add ice, lime juice, honey syrup, and grapefruit juice to a cocktail shaker.
- Pour into the glass after 20 seconds of shaking.
- Add club soda on top and a slice of grapefruit for the garnish.
- Stir, then enjoy!
See how simple this 4-ingredient recipe is to use to create a tasty party punch. You’ll surely enjoy this served at weddings because you can have so much with this at family events! If desired, include fruit slices. We love to use CleanCo’s Gin Alternative.
- 1 oz CleanCo’s Clean G-Gin Alternative
- 1 (2 liters) bottle fruit punch, chilled
- 1 (64 fluid ounce) bottle orange juice, chilled
- 1 (2 liter) bottle ginger ale, chilled
- In a punch bowl, mix fruit punch and orange juice. To keep the ginger ale’s carbonation, slowly pour it down the bowl’s side.
Here are some easy steps to create a non-alcoholic fruit punch for the holidays.
Non-Alcoholic New Year’s Eve Drinks FAQs
If you’re in the United States of America and you’re thinking of some non-alcoholic drinks to try, here are the most popular N/A drinks you can easily get your hand on.
- Soft drink
- Dairy beverage
- N/A beverages (mocktails, beers, wines)
Your friends are all heading out for a night on the town on Saturday. Even though you are the designated driver, you shouldn’t miss out on the excitement! Here are some suggestions for beverages to order that are an improvement over “normal” soft drinks.
- Mint Soda
- Soda and Juice
- Virgin Bloody Mary
- Fresh Juice
- An Arnold Palmer
- A Roy Rogers
There are many enjoyable ways to celebrate without booze or other intoxicants. Choose from this list:
- Go camping indoors
- Host a pajama party
- Travel overseas
- Attend a local charity event
- Go to a concert
- Host some fun games
Mocktails are non-alcoholic beverages that have the appearance and flavor of a certain alcoholic cocktail. Even their names are intended to evoke memories of the original ones.
Mocktails and effervescent water-based cocktails are a delightful complement to any celebration. They’re the ideal way to toast and ring in the New Year guilt-free because they’re vibrant and fun.